Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Watered Down

Have we who call ourselves believers, really considered how far removed from the lifestyle of the prophets and apostles, are actually living?   Christianity has become about as mingled and mixed, yet divided as it can get.  There are still a few common buzzwords and observances, but most of them are not in Scripture.  Messianics and Hebrew Roots, by and large, are just more Christian denominations with fringe, history books, and a little Hebrew and Aramaic.

While we are busy straining gnats and serving up camels, we are overlooking some serious problems that could so easily be resolved, if we actually just stood on The Word!  This past week has shown how easy it is to stand together against something, but that's not real unity.  Although some of us did discover "nothing unites like a common enemy," a number of 501c3 Christians that don't want to lose their popularity came out with their stones in hand aiming at believers.  I'm up front about the fact, I have a very similar track record to the Woman at the Well, but I've also repented.  I've actually remained faithful to a man who has rejected me, but relies on me.  That's right, I'm married to a man who doesn't desire me as a wife, but doesn't want a divorce either.  Perhaps celibacy was always the plan for me, I don't know, but regardless of how conservative any denomination is on divorce and remarriage, there's no fornicating or adultery going on here!  I've actually been told that I should divorce this husband and remain single and celibate.  As it turns out, I don't need a divorce decree to live in celibacy.  Besides, the government never did have any business legislating marriage or granting "permission" and license.  This tangent was not my plan . . . back to the subject at hand.

 The Bible has been so "cherry picked."  With so many pastors and teachers vying for crowds, book sales, or just attention and approval; the true power of our Creator is rarely seen.  The reason for that?  We are not seeking with a whole heart in obedience, and those are the terms He calls for.  Abba has led me to address this religious wheel we continue to reinvent.  Things in this world are going to get really tough, really soon and the days of compromise are coming to a close.  YHWH never approved of compromise, but the line in the sand is widening into a chasm that will no longer afford anyone the self appointed luxury to straddle.  Most with discernment really won't want to even be standing very close to the edge.  The day is coming in which every individual will truly have to ask themselves if they really believe The Bible or not.

That's not just John 3:16 or Revelation 3:20 or even Genesis chapter 1, but the entire Bible.  The day is coming in which those of us who claim to live by the Word will have to live and potentially die by that claim.  Do we really believe YHWH provides or are we counting on a contingency plan, or worse, other people who have been diligent to prepare?  Do we really believe YHWH heals?  We can quote Paul all day long about our Heavenly Father calling the wisdom of man, foolishness; but the wisdom of man is what most "believers" actually believe YHWH uses in healing.  I drew a comparison today between medically administered syringes and the darts of a voodoo priest or witch doctor.  Both contain poison!

As we all discuss modesty, sell each other tzitzit, and are ever learning, where is the power in our form of godliness?  Do we realize many will be deceived by a false messiah who does great works and wonders?  It's truly time for believers to get serious about our walk.  If we are not walking in the true power of the Apostles in the Book of Acts, we are liable to find ourselves bowing down to the image described in the Revelation.  Don't kid yourself, we already offer entirely too much compromised reverence and respect for things that were never ordained of YHWH and He calls idols.  I'm beginning to see that "come out from among them and be separate" may also be addressing what we have foolishly mislabeled to be fellowship.

We're missing something and I really want it!  Paul said to covet the greater gifts.  For a long time now, I've thought it was just me, but with social media, I can now see, the body is lacking.  I don't think unquestioned unity is the answer or should even be the focus.  Seeking YHWH with our whole hearts in Messiah Y'hshuwah is the way we are to walk.  I'm not there yet and I'm not seeing it around me, but that is my desire.  Instead of living water springing forth, we have watered down The Message.  Jeremiah described it succinctly.  For My people have committed two evils; they have forsaken me the fountain of living waters, and hewed them out cisterns, broken cisterns, that can hold no water.  Jeremiah 2:13

We have to get back to the promise to walk in the power!
He that believeth on me, as the Scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.  John 7:38


No comments:

Post a Comment