Sunday, February 8, 2015

Under Conviction

I still remember back when Abba led me to Scripture in both Old and New Testament regarding His Name and the Name of His Son.  I heard His commission to me at that time; the task to proclaim The Names, and truly thought I was doing that.  As it turns out, in the past several months, folks who have known me for some time have voiced their shock and surprise that I am so adamant about The Name.  I thought I'd been clear.  I still remember being "told off" publicly by one of the self-proclaimed "bold warrior teachers" when she mentioned several times about cowering to a group of pastors over a head covering and the Name.   Head coverings are not Torah requirement, that was Paul's admonition to women in I Corinthians 11, so I am surprised that more Christians do not adhere to that, but that's not my business.  My business per our Heavenly Father is to proclaim the Good News in The Name.

In the recent flurry of "shock and at odds," I truly have been convicted.  Have I been "going along to get along?"  Was my witness so weak that others didn't realize my stand?  Interestingly, all of the negative feedback has come from Christians who left the church . . . calling the various local gatherings dead, for whatever reason.  Call me presumptuous, but if someone leaves an organization, calling it dead, I take that to understand they have found error in or disagreement with the teaching of said organization.  Why would one leave and stop supporting, only to defend the traditional teaching?  As I sort through these various factors, I must still keep in mind, I am responsible for the task to which our Heavenly Father has commissioned me.  I am commissioned to follow Messiah, who is The Word.  My task is to proclaim the Good News and the Good News is the message of salvation in The Name above all Names!

Since receiving these various admonitions aimed toward me, I've headed back to the book of Acts, specifically; chapter 5:35-42.  It would seem the apostles heard the same thing from the religious mainstream of their day.  Gamaliel warned the accusers that those coming against them would discover one of two things . . . either the movement would lose ground and come to nothing or they would find they are fighting the Creator Himself.  In my observation, it would seem the name of Jesus in modern day, doesn't carry the power The Name of Messiah carried in the accounts of the Gospel and the book of Acts.  I already know there are plenty who would argue, but again arguing is just words.  Since receiving the rejection and admonition of those who have accused me of being a Sacred Namer or legalist, things in my life have changed dramatically.  There really is a difference!

I spent the first several years of my walk with Messiah, trying to cover all the ground.  I went to synagogue Erev Shabbat [Friday evening,] rested Sabbath, then church hopped on Sunday for years, while facilitating a neighborhood ministry in what was termed a "blighted neighborhood."  To be honest, I gained Scriptural knowledge in several places, but I sought and grew closer to the Creator of the universe and His Son in my prayer closet.  I had no special translation of Scripture, the CJB wasn't yet published when I came to know the Name of our Heavenly Father and His Son.

Then stood there up one in the council, a Pharisee, named Gamaliel, a doctor of Torah, had in reputation among all the people, and commanded to put the apostles forth a little space;  And said unto them, Ye men of Israel, take heed to yourselves what ye intend to do as touching these men.  For before these days rose up Theudas, (meaning: God given) boasting himself to be somebody; to whom a number of men, about four hundred, joined themselves: who was slain; and all, as many as obeyed him, were scattered, and brought to nought.  After this man rose up Judas (meaning: he shall be praised) of Galilee in the days of the taxing, and drew away much people after him: he also perished; and all, even as many as obeyed him, were dispersed.  And now I say unto you, Refrain from these men, and let them alone: for if this counsel or this work be of men, it will come to nought:  But if it be of Adonai, ye cannot overthrow it; lest haply ye be found even to fight against Adonai.  And to him they agreed: and when they had called the apostles, and beaten them, they commanded that they should not speak in the name of Y'hshuwah, and let them go.  And daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Y'hshuwah Messiah.

I've consistently used the Hebrew terms since that time, which I why I was so shocked that others were shocked.  I've taught and made videos as well as published teachings by others on the importance of The Name.  In the past few months, even though folks have taken issue with me, I can't back down and stop teaching in The Name in which the apostles taught.  Realizing there have been some miscommunications, I must make it even more clear that The Name [the sacred character] is of great importance.  Could this religious move away from teaching in The Name several hundred years ago, be the reason miracles and moves of The Holy Spirit became so few and far between?  I do know, the fact that there has been any confusion about where I stand, brings conviction that I must be clear and stand more boldly!

No comments:

Post a Comment