Sunday, January 4, 2015

The Accuser

There are so many accusations and condescending comments on social media.  The accuser of the brethren has made it to social media . . . We, as the children of The Most High must remember who "the accuser of the brethren" actually is!  We can agree, we can disagree, and we can agree to disagree, but accusations are scary!  I've been unfriended, even blocked, and I'm not sure we truly understand the ramifications of doing that . . .  I do have a real life outside of facebook and yahoo, but I also have a spiritual responsibility on the world wide web, if I'm going to be there.

I've never blocked anyone, but I have unfriended two individuals in my history of social media.  Blocking someone scares me on a spiritual level.  It's like declaring I'm unwilling to forgive.  Of my "unfriending," one was a man who just kept typing in CAPS that his god of the Koran was the creator.  I am quite clear on social media that I serve the G-d of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob which is why he was "yelling!"  The second individual I unfriended was a woman who had claimed to know Messiah, claimed to be filled with the Holy Spirit, and then denied and denounced!  Since I have a public page, I didn't want to "aid and abet" her mission to draw others away from Messiah . . . so, although I didn't block her, I did unfriend her and "name names!"

With the exception of family, I think I've only been unfriended once over anything other than my beliefs, and that unfriending was pathetic at best, yet absolutely enlightening.  It still makes me sad, but not for myself!  The thought that anyone in this day and age could carry a generational grudge against a person by mere association is mind boggling.  It was sort of a "Hatfield's and McCoy's" scenario and who would have imagined someone young enough to be my child would have that mind set.  As I considered the scenario, there was the added variables that he found himself "unable" to stand up to two other men, so chose to take his frustration out on a woman . . . Hmmmm, in the words of Dana Carvey, "Now, isn't that special!"  Moving right along . . .

When we point out what we believe is the truth, or when we have been offended, or feel we have a bone to pick, do we leave room for understanding, or do we open a door for the enemy?   Most of the times I've been unfriended, it's been by former church ladies when I failed to meet their expectations.  I've got years of real time experience in that area, so I'm basically unfazed by it, but I certainly don't want to become indifferent or calloused.  I was joking about this with my daughter yesterday.  She's unfriended me too, but she's not a church lady.  Anyway, I said so many people send a big long diatribe or tell me some page I should read, then when I attempt to respond, asking for the url they didn't include, I discover my message won't go through because I've been unfriended and/or blocked.

My question regarding the spiritual ramifications of social media are many, but two stand out specifically.  First, if someone sends word of offense, but removes the path for the alleged offender to respond, explain, or apologize; how is that righteous?  Second, if a person blocks, that leaves them no room to forgive . . . As humans, our word is not final.  In the case of children of the Most High, we'll be forgiven as we forgive.   Without a doubt we can all get in the flesh, and many aspects of the world wide web can bring out the Jr. High flesh mentality in all of us, but in this interactive social media; how many opportunities are we giving the enemy?

And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our Elohim, and the power of His Messiah:  for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our Elohim day and night.  Revelation 12:10 






No comments:

Post a Comment