Sunday, December 14, 2014

Prayer and Action

A line contained in the Prayer Book at Temple read something to the effect, "When you pray, pray as if it all depends upon G-d, and when you work, work as though everything depends upon you."  I can already hear the debates taking voice . . . I equate this quote to "putting feet to my faith."  We know, our prayers are only answered by G-d, but I take this to mean I am to pray for His Will to be done.  As for the last half of the quote, I am reminded of Ecclesiastes 9:10.  "Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might."  The meaning, interpretation, and value of the quote isn't the point of this article, anyway.

I've been praying for five fold ministries for years.  There are a number of others praying for the same thing and some have formed groups with members using the various office titles.  I believe these will function through the end of days.  I know there will be genuine ministries of this type, as well as counterfeits.  I'm called to be a part of one, but so far it hasn't happened.  I want to be a part of the real deal!  I figure when it happens, the titles will be completely irrelevant, but the gifts, anointing, and responsibility will be evident.  Speaking of evident . . .

I have had moments of clarity in preparing for this, and although another piece gets put in place, fruition has yet to come.  Back in 2008, Abba told me I had not yet laid eyes on the next one to join this ministry.  I've met a lot of folks since then . . . In spring of 2011, I bought a round table, specifically so every member of the ministry team would be fully aware, only Y'hshuwah Messiah is the head.  There is no head or foot to this table and five chairs do fit nicely around it.  In 2012, I was led to enlarge the tent, which translates to having expanded the home place.  2013 was the year to expand coverage and provision of health care by our Creator, rather than our government.  Now, 2014 has been two fold in preparation.  Expanding off-grid power and increasing work stations for internet ministry are taking shape.

Although I don't really think the fivefold ministry will live here dormitory style, I now have relatively nice accommodations for those who will gather.   There is a laptop that can run on solar power in the house, the orchard, or the RV.  I'm sitting here, working, in the 2012 east addition.  Since my house is white, I jokingly refer to the two additions as the east and west wings.  The realization that it's nearing the time for the ministry to increase, I got busy once again with some practical preparation.  A futon, desk, and computer are in place to make a cozy guest room/office.   The west wing is now ready!




In praying for a five fold ministry to gather, I've tried to be quite diligent to not rush ahead, as I've made preparation.  Some situations that seemed like part of the plan, simply were not.  It now appears I am officially ready for new arrivals.

No comments:

Post a Comment