Monday, November 16, 2015

The Telling Condition of the Heartland

This is nothing against the folks in Kansas, but I grew up there, and I always, ALWAYS wanted to leave.  The first time I saw the "Wizard of Oz" at the age of three, I couldn't understand why Dorothy wanted to get back to Kansas.  I left Kansas before I was 21, but it still evokes a visceral response in me, all these years later.  I knew it had to do with something spiritual, but couldn't put my finger on it, beyond my own family and household . . . that's a topic for another blog . . . or book.  Now, here I am thinking I'm safely across the state line, even south of the east state line and Missouri seems to be losing it's ever loving mind, rapidly!  I believe I've stumbled upon the problems in both states and it's actually bigger than the state level, as these states are in the heart of the nation.  Oklahoma isn't doing well, either . . . The heartland is failing and the Bible belt has buckled.  Now, back to the problem with Kansas, and it truly is spiritual.

Recently a promo for Washburn University came in the mail.  This promo proudly displayed the School Mascot, inviting a student to consider becoming an Ichabod!  It seems a gentleman by the name of Ichabod Washburn was a founder in this school, located in Topeka, the capital city of Kansas.  I'm guessing Mr. Washburn's parents were not terribly familiar with Scripture, it also crossed my mind as to how the Westboro Baptist Church became so prominent in that very same city.  The term "Ichabod" is a name found in Scripture, I Samuel 4:21, to be precise.  And she named the child Ichabod, saying, The glory is departed from Israel: because the ark of G-d was taken . . .  Ichabod literally means "no glory!"  Ichabod Washburn was named for his father, who died while Ichabod Jr. was still an infant.  I'm certainly not saying either of the men brought any evil or ill intent, but I am saying meanings of names are important and in the history of these folks, religion was important.  Surely someone should have seen the Biblical meaning . . .  The name "Ichabod" should have stood as a Scriptural warning.

I've already posted about Oklahoma's mess of a black Sabbath, a satanic mass, in the Capital City, as well as removing the Ten Commandments in the dark of night . . . Clearly not a good plan for the city with one of the largest acts of domestic terrorism in this nation's history, outside of the genocide of the Native Americans.  I love this part of the country, but I believe the rest of the country was counting on the heartland to remain truer to the ideals of this nation, or at least the perceived ideals.  Now, on to the state in which I've taken refuge . . .

Missouri has been known as the political Bellwether state.  > In the United StatesMissouri was often referred to as the Missouri bellwether as it produced the same outcome as the national results in the presidential election 96.2% of the time for the century between 1904 and 2004, only missing 1956. It did not match the national result in 2008 or 2012.<  Since politics is what we consider to lead this country, it may be noteworthy to see the trend dating farther back than our short term memory.  Back when politicians were actually leaders, Missouri led the way.  Now, in retrospect, let's consider the definition of bellwether.

   The term is derived from the Middle English bellewether and refers to the practice of placing a bell around the neck of a castrated ram (a wether) leading his flock of sheep. The movements of the flock could be noted by hearing the bell before the flock was in sight.    This definition seems to say a great deal about our direction, as well as those in the lead.  Could it be, America has lacked leadership of vigor, stamina, and integrity for longer than we realized?  I'm not into conspiracies, per se, but obviously the lead castrated ram didn't make that choice, nor accomplish that feat, on his own.  No critter outside of the human species, chooses to be castrated.
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.  John 10:10

If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.  II Chronicles 7:14




. . .  Whosoever curseth his G-d shall bear his sin.  Leviticus 24:15

No comments:

Post a Comment